August 1, 2021

 I am sitting by the open window. The sun has dipped below the horizon and the pale gray cloud-filled sky is a beautiful contrast with the stark and shadowy buildings, as lights begin to glow from the windows. A gentle and cool breeze blows in - not strong enough to rustle papers but cool enough to send me in search of a light sweater. I love sitting by an open window!

Melissa and I went to visit a dear friend in her final days on earth. This was years ago. We were conducted to her room on the ground level and I was so grateful to see her bed positioned near a large glass window with flowers blooming extravagantly just outside, and the blue of the sky demanding attention. Yes, when one is dying, that would ease the pain.

We have had a quiet day, attending all of our meetings on Zoom. Today it was four. They were all excellent. President Thompson has replaced the "Why I Believe" broadcasts with an hour of testimony and sharing talent. Tonight's was marvelous. Several terrific singers with original music, a pianist, an actor and a little bit from President and Sister Thompson. I know these bring in referrals.

Our missionaries are doing so well. We have come to love them like family.

I have been grateful that it is another slow day. I have been asked to give the Relief Society lesson next week, and SK and I will speak in Sacrament meeting in two weeks. I was able to lavish time on reading and studying. That is a day!

The first day of August 2021. 

Comments

melissa said…
Lovely day to study. But who did we visit who had flowers outside her window?!

Popular posts from this blog

The Early Bird.....mmmmm

Food and Friends - Necessities of Life

Faith and Miracles