Heart Attack #2

Dave and Deb stayed in a hotel about a block from here last night.  We stayed up too late visiting, and we were all tired, but they came over for a very impromptu and humble breakfast and we visited some more. This is such a amazing opportunity to serve with them.  I love the time we spend together, and am still in awe of how they manage to do so much for so many.

After they left, I did house cleaning, organizing and several loads of laundry.  I'm dragging and ready to go to bed.  It was nearly 3 when I got to bed last night.  I talked with our son Derek for a long time as he rode through the desert between Las Vegas and Kingman.  It was a pleasant chat and I was so happy to catch up on his life.

This evening as we were sitting in the living room around nine, our doorbell rang.  It was another heart attack!  I don't think I have ever had 2 heart attacks so close together.  It is such a sweet thing to do, and I am so grateful. 

I will drift off to sleep, happy for sweet young people who are willing to take the time to wish me a Happy Birthday in such a kind and memorable way.


Comments

melissa said…
Of course they love you!! I’m so glad the celebration continued today!

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Miracles

Up the Lazy River - or Maybe it's Down

My Favorite Day of the Week